Who we are
Spiral Scout is a growing, full-service digital agency located in San Francisco and Minsk that focuses on design, development and marketing services for clients in the United States. Our main development office is in Minsk. Our software team is only as strong as the people we hire and train. We are looking for people who are problem solvers, honest communicators, high integrity, hard workers, fun to be around, intelligent, and successful in everyday life to join our team.
What's in it for you?
- Grow your skills at a face growing company alongside and learn from an experienced team;
- "Fridays" off from work;
- High compensation and twice a year salary reviews;
- Free, private medical and dental insurance;
- Trips to the US to meet clients;
- 25 Paid vacation days (calendar days);
- 3 sick days-offs per a calendar year;
- Flexible work hours and work from home occasionally;
- Freedom to communicate and work directly with our client(s);
- Paid conference trips, training, and inter-office knowledge sharing;
- Free in-house English classes;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Make a difference as one of the first 70 people at a very fast-growing software development and product company.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps to work on a global B2B project using cutting edge technologies dealing with microservice architecture.
- Linux experience 4+ year (production servers);
- 2+ years of experience in CI/CD;
- Strong Bash skill;
- Experience in automation/configuration management (Chef/Puppet, etc);
- Intermediate+ English.
Nice to have:
- Kubernetes, AWS, Consul, Jenkins or GitLab EE with AutoDevOps, Rundeck would be a plus;
- More than 8 years IT background would be a plus.
Middle QA Engineer
Our software team needs an organized, hardworking and enthusiastic Middle QA Engineer who will work with the team of professionals dealing with e-learning, e-commerce, DAMs, and another web/mobile applications. If you are interested in working on challenging projects that will grow your skills, enjoy amazing benefits, get every other Friday off (see below) and work with an engineering team that will make you look great, let's talk.
- Strong attention to details, investigative, and creative problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and agile-scrum development processes;
- Intermediate+ English;
- Solid knowledge of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, and tools;
- Understanding of client-server architecture.
Nice to have:
- ISTQB Certification;
- API testing experience;
- Experience with Jira and Confluence;
- Experience with test management tools is a plus.
Senior QA Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to work on a B2B project.
- To be responsible for the design, creation, planning, maintenance, and execution of automated software QA tests utilizing web application/API test automation tools;
- To participate in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test automation is promoted and applied effectively;
- To participate in daily Scrum team meetings with developers and product owners to discuss project goals and statuses;
- To investigate and analyze test results to find out the root causes of failures by the debugging system and application logs;
- To develop automated test infrastructure and define test development needs and procedures;
- To assess and evaluate quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of functionality to be covered by the automated testing suite;
- To communicate status and plans and anticipate delays and obstacles.
- Over 3 years of developing test automation solutions;
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process;
- Knowledge of software testing practices, including test planning, test automation - API and UI, and defect management;
- Solid experience with OO programming and concepts;
- Experience in testing UI via Selenium;
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS;
- Experience with Restful web services testing and automation;
- Understanding of JSON and XML data formats;
- Experience with code deployments and version control systems (GIT);
- Creating a CI/CD environment by developing jobs/pipelines (Jenkins);
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL DB’s;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization, and attention to details;
- Ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing them till the end;
- Excellent verbal and written English.
Lead Creative Designer
We are looking for a Lead Creative Designer with years of experience of UI and UX and good knowledge of graphic design.
- Reshape Spiral Scout online identity (offline to follow);
- Work on our clients’ proposals, spec work, and final client work;
- Work closely with top management, marketing department, a copywriter and developers on all types of visuals;
- Ensure brand identity and UX best practices are upheld through all digital touchpoints.
- 7+ years of professional experience as a creative director, graphic designer or UI/UX designer;
- Upper-Intermediate English written and speaking level;
- Be able to build and pull in the correct members of a design team for each project;
- Solid experience in some of these tools: Sketch and/or Photoshop and/or Illustrator; Invision, Adobe XD, or your design weapon of choice etc;
- Good knowledge of usability standards, mobile design, and how to optimize designs for conversions;
- Proactive position, ability to work independently, prioritize, and solve problems;
- Be familiar with Jira, Confluence;
- Please follow up with a link to your design portfolio and a short blurb about what you did on specific projects in your portfolio if you were not the only designer.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be involved both in presales and project activities.
- Work closely with customers and project team to prioritize business needs, clarify the requirements and define project scope;
- Identify business needs and goals and provide creative solutions to complex problems;
- Be able to create different types of project artifacts: V&S, SRSs, BRDs and other project documentation, including use cases, user stories, user flows;
- Prototype user interfaces and describe algorithms of the system behavior by creating wireframes, mockups, and various diagrams;
- Interact closely with a project team to explain clearly the requirements, and make sure they understand everything without missing details;
- Be the main source of information about the product, know everything that is going on at all stages.
- 3+ years of professional experience as BA;
- The upper level of English, both speaking and writing;
- Ability to work both with functional and non-functional requirements;
- Clear vision of requirements life cycle (elicitation, analysis, documentation, validation, and management);
- Solid experience in writing Software Requirements of various types;
- Flexibility in working with different project methodologies;
- Understanding the full software development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of modeling languages (UML, BPMN notations);
- Strong knowledge and experience in wireframing and prototyping;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of UX fundamentals and the basic principles of building user interfaces and workflow;
- Confident user of wiki- and issue tracking systems (Jira, Confluence, etc.);
- Experience in different business domains is preferred;
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines;
- Be ready to handle multiple tasks;
- Technical background is a plus.
- Competitive salary + bonus;
- Every other Friday off from work (paid);
- Full medical insurance;
- Free job-related courses, conferences, and seminars;
- Paid vacation (25 calendar days);
- In-House English classes;
- Regular performance assessments and salary reviews;
- Flexible work hours and work from home occasionally;
- Multiple company events and team building activities;
- Holiday gifts;
- Fully-stocked kitchen.